CR-10 & Tevo Tarantula Direct Drive Upgrade Kit
- Easy to Install
- No Modification Required
- Better Routing of Filament
13 in stock
Direct Drive Upgrade
This is a version of the DD E3 by Basaraba Innovations.
Direct Drive upgrade kit that is compatible with all Creality CR-10 and Tevo Tarantula 3D printers. This direct drive kit is also compatible with our Creality E3D v6 Adapter.
This kit includes everything needed to upgrade your machine to a direct drive with no machine modification required. This kit requires approximately 15 minutes to install (30 minutes, tops if new to the machine).
There is also a version of this that will work on the Creality Ender 3 available here.
Check Out the Step-by-Step Installation Video
Why switch to Direct Drive?
- More options for materials such as flexible filaments and metal filaments from The Virtual Foundry
- Super fast and easy loading/unloading
- Vastly reduced stringing due to shorter retraction distance
- Better routing of filament versus stock filament routing
- More accurate filament extrusion due to the reduced distance to push filament from extruder to hotend
Why choose this Direct Drive kit versus others on the market?
- Ease of install
- No loss of build volume (with stock hotend. A V6 hot end is much longer and may result in a loss of Z-axis movement range)
- No modifications to firmware required
- Uses stock hardware
- CNC machined 6061 aluminum direct drive carriage – Made in USA
- 3D printed spacer pieces
- 3D printed wire holding pieces
- 3mm hex head hardware to bolt on
- Upgraded metal push to connect connector and tube
- Wire harness extensions for extruder
- 5 zip ties for holding wires to holders
- Cable wrap
Instructions are included digitally on this page below.
We are not responsible for any installation errors while installing kit. This kit has been installed and tested on over 50 printers for over 3 months and work flawlessly. In some cases, the stock hotend wires are shorter than other machines. We have observed variation by up to 30mm from machine to machine. This could cause lack of Z-axis volume.
May work on more models of machines with similar X Axis extrusion similar to the Creality CR-10 3D printers.