Ender 3 Direct Drive Upgrade Kit
- Compatible with All Ender 3 and Ender 3 Pro Printers
- No Modification Required
- Better Filament Routing
20 in stock (can be backordered)
Ender 3 Direct Drive
Creality Ender 3 Direct Drive upgrade kit: the DD E3 by Basaraba Innovations that is compatible with all Ender 3 and Ender 3 Pro 3D printers. This direct drive kit is also compatible with our Creality E3D v6 Adapter.
This kit includes everything needed to upgrade your machine to a direct drive with no machine modification required. This kit requires approximately 15 minutes to install (30 minutes, tops if new to the machine).
There is also a version of this that will work on the Creality CR-10 and Tevo Tornado available here.
Why switch to Direct Drive?
- More options for materials such as flexible filaments and metal filaments from The Virtual Foundry
- Super fast and easy loading/unloading
- Vastly reduced stringing due to shorter retraction distance
- Better routing of filament versus stock filament routing
- More accurate filament extrusion due to the reduced distance to push filament from extruder to hotend
Why choose this Ender 3 Direct Drive kit versus others?
- Ease of install
- No loss of build volume (with stock hotend. A V6 hot end is much longer and will result in a loss of Z-axis movement range)
- No modifications to firmware required
- Uses stock hardware
- CNC machined 6061 aluminum direct drive carriage – Made in USA
- 3D printed spacer pieces
- 3D printed wire holding pieces
- 3mm hex head hardware to bolt on
- Upgraded metal push to connect connector and tube
- Wire harness extension for extruder
- 5 zip ties for holding wires to holders
- Cable wrap
Instructions on how to install are included in the link below.
We are not responsible for any installation errors while installing kit. This kit has been installed and tested on over 50 Ender 3 printers for over 3 months and work flawlessly. In some cases, the stock Ender 3 hotend wires are shorter than other machines. We have observed variation by up to 30mm from machine to machine. This could cause lack of Z-axis volume.
May work on more models of machines with similar X Axis extrusion similar to the Ender 3 machines