Ender 3 Direct Drive Upgrade Kit
- Compatible with All Ender 3 and Ender 3 Pro Printers
- No Modification Required
- Better Filament Routing
32 in stock (can be backordered)
Creality Ender 3 Direct Drive upgrade kit: the DD E3 by Basaraba Innovations that is compatible with all Ender 3 and Ender 3 Pro 3D printers. This direct drive kit is also compatible with our Creality E3D v6 Adapter.
This kit includes everything needed to upgrade your machine to a direct drive with no machine modification required. This kit requires approximately 15 minutes to install (30 minutes, tops if new to the machine).
There is also a version of this that will work on the Creality CR-10 and Tevo Tornado available here.
Why switch to Direct Drive?
- More options for materials such as flexible filaments and metal filaments from The Virtual Foundry
- Super fast and easy loading/unloading
- Vastly reduced stringing due to shorter retraction distance
- Better routing of filament versus stock filament routing
- More accurate filament extrusion due to the reduced distance to push filament from extruder to hotend
Why choose this Ender 3 Direct Drive kit versus others?
- Ease of install
- No loss of build volume (with stock hotend. A V6 hot end is much longer and will result in a loss of Z-axis movement range)
- No modifications to firmware required
- Uses stock hardware
- CNC machined 6061 aluminum direct drive carriage – Made in USA
- 3D printed spacer pieces
- 3D printed wire holding pieces
- 3mm hex head hardware to bolt on
- Upgraded metal push to connect connector and tube
- Detailed instructions on how to install on kit or pre-assembled machine
- Wire harness extension for extruder
- 5 zip ties for holding wires to holders
- Cable wrap
We are not responsible for any installation errors while installing kit. This kit has been installed and tested on over 50 Ender 3 printers for over 3 months and work flawlessly. In some cases, the stock Ender 3 hotend wires are shorter than other machines. We have observed variation by up to 30mm from machine to machine. This could cause lack of Z-axis volume.
May work on more models of machines with similar X Axis extrusion similar to the Ender 3 machines