Ender 5 Direct Drive Upgrade Kit
- Compatible with All Ender 5 3D Printers
- No Modification Required
- Better Routing of Filament
49 in stock
Ender 5 Direct Drive
Creality Ender 5 Direct Drive upgrade kit: the DD E3 by Basaraba Innovations that is compatible with all Ender 5 3D printers.
This kit includes everything needed to upgrade your machine to a direct drive with no machine modification required. This kit requires approximately 15 minutes to install (30 minutes tops, if new to the machine).
Why switch to Direct Drive?
- More options for materials such as flexible filaments and metal filaments from The Virtual Foundry
- Super fast and easy loading/unloading
- Vastly reduced stringing due to shorter retraction distance
- Better routing of filament versus stock filament routing
- More accurate filament extrusion due to the reduced distance to push filament from extruder to hotend
Why choose this Ender 5 Direct Drive kit versus others?
- Great price
- Easily install in 15-30 minutes
- No loss of build volume (with stock hotend. A V6 hot end is much longer and will result in a loss of Z-axis movement range)
- No need to modify the firmware
- Uses stock hardware
- CNC machined 6061 aluminum direct drive carriage – Made in USA
- 3D printed spacer pieces
- 3D printed wire holding pieces
- 3mm hex head hardware to bolt on
- Upgraded metal push to connect connector and tube
- Wire harness extension for extruder
- 5 zip ties for holding wires to holders
- Cable wrap
Instructions are included digitally on this page below.
We are not responsible for any installation errors while installing kit. This kit has been installed and tested on over 50 Ender 5 printers for over 3 months and work flawlessly. In some cases, the stock Ender 5 hotend wires are shorter than other machines. We have observed variation by up to 30mm from machine to machine. This could cause lack of Z-axis volume.
May work on more models of machines with X Axis extrusion similar to the Ender 5 machines.