Replicator 2 Heater Block Assembly
You received your new Heater Block Assembly and are wondering how to install it. Follow along with the video or instructions below and you’ll be set.
As always, turn off and unplug your machine before doing any repair work.
- 5MM Hex Key
- Side/flush cutter or scissors
- Crescent wrench
- MakerBot Replicator 2 Heater Block Assembly
Screw the thermistor onto the right side of the heater block assembly and the heater cartridge will go on the left side.
- Unscrew the set screw and make sure it is flush with the bottom.
- Push heater cartridge back into the heater block. The cord should be facing to your right or towards the thermistor.
Screw set screw to lock in place. (Do not overtighten as you may strip the screw.)
- Screw nut to the open part of the threads and put bar mount piece back onto the screw. Make sure the four-holed side is facing the heater block. The two holes in the front should be on the right side of the bar mount piece.
- Place other nut back onto the top of the bar mount assembly. The bar mount piece should be parallel to the heater block piece.
The nut on the top of the bar mount piece should be flush with the thermal barrier tube.
- Put the plastic piece back onto the side. Make sure the overhang is over the bar mount assembly and fan is still through the plastic piece.
- Take two hex nuts and screw those back through the plastic piece onto the bar mount assembly.
Put the ceramic insulation tape around the heater block.
- Ceramic Insulation Tape Installation Instructions.
- Put on blower fan. Screw Philips screws back onto plastic piece.
- Put plastic blower duct onto blower fan and screw down. Put the stepper motor back on.