X-Axis Belt for the MakerBot Rep 2
You’ve received your new replacement MakerBot X-Axis Belt from Fargo 3D Printing and are wondering how to install it. Watch the video tutorial below or follow along with the written directions.
As always, turn off and unplug your machine before doing any repair work.
Remove the right axis motor.
- Remove all four screws of the right axis motor. Don’t lose the small washers.
- Pop out the metal pin in the upper left corner.
- Unplug the motor and move the wires away.
- Remove the motor from the right axis wing.
Remove the belt from the carriage.
- Grasp the front of the carriage and pull up until you hear a click.
- Hold the carriage straight up from the rod to which it is still connected.
- Slide the belt up and out.
Attach the new belt to the pulleys on the ends of the axis.
- Move to the Y-axis secondary again and grease where you will re-insert the plastic idler pulley.
- Grab the idler pulley and loop the belt over it. The thicker part of the pulley needs to be facing the front of the machine.
- Next, move to the right side of the machine so you are standing behind it. Grab the motor so the connector faces down.
- Loop the belt over its drive gear. Push into position.
Reinstall the X-Axis motor.
- Continue putting pressure on the motor, holding it in place with the belt taut, while screwing it in, left side first.
- Seat the white motor cable back into it’s connector.
- Loop the cables back into the slot above the motor, secure with the metal pin.
- Don’t push the pin too far in so as to damage the wires. Make sure the metal pin is flush to the outside surface of the slot.