How To Install MakerBot Build Plate Tape
Instead of using blue painters tape, use pre-cut gaffers buildplate tape.
- Fargo 3D Printing Replicator 2 Gaffer’s Buildplate Tape
- Credit or plastic card
Let’s Get Started
- Take the current build platform out of MakerBot Replicator 2.
- Remove all tape from the current build platform and make sure the surface is clean.
- The build plate should be placed frosted side up if you have an acrylic build plate.
- Cut open Fargo 3D Printing Gaffer’s Tape package.
- Remove both pieces of Gaffer’s Tape from the package.
- Partially peel backing off of the Gaffer’s Tape.
- Line the end of the Gaffer’s Tape up with the horizontal end of the platform (as you are placing the tape follow the engraved lines on the build platform).
- Use credit card to remove bubbles from the Gaffer’s Tape as you place it on build plate and remove backing.
- Repeat with other piece of Gaffer’s Tape.