What This Board Does
The BIGTREETECH SKR E3 RRF V1.1 was designed to be a drop in replacement for the Ender 3 series machine, but it can be used with a wide variety of machines. This board includes TMC 2209 UART stepper drivers which will make your machine almost silent and allow you to adjust the driver settings directly from your printer’s screen. Since this is a 32-bit board, you will be able to take full advantage of many advanced features. This board also allows for much more expansion than a standard 8-bit board and even has dedicated port for several of those features. This board has dedicated ports for filament runout, Auto Bed Level sensor, Power relay(turns off your printer after the print finishes), PSU(give your printer a little extra power after your power goes out so your printer can pause the print and move to the side so it doesn’t ruin your print.) This board also has an expansion board available from BIGTREETECH that can turn your printer into an IDEX, giving you an extra X and E stepper driver and all the ports to attach another hotend as well.
Benefits To Your Printer
Not only will this board make your printer much quieter, it also boast an impressive assortment of other features and functionality, such as:
- The ability to run either Marlin 2.0 and RepRap firmware.
- TMC 2209 stepper drivers running in UART mode meaning you can adjust settings for the driver from the screen.
- The ability to easily use built-in sensorless homing.
- An integrated WI-FI module and antenna.
- A massive amount of expandability. Adding a BLTouch, filament runout sensor, or a touch screen has never been easier.
- A Dedicated Onboard EEPROM allowing you to save Z-Offsets and other settings directly to the board.
- A Dedicated 5V port for external projects or LED driven from the board.
- Plug and Play compatibility with the stock ender 3,5, and cr-10 screen. Also Plug and Play compatibility with all of BIGTREETECH’s screens.
- Easy firmware updates by just putting them on the MicroSD and turning your printer on.
This board is capable of so much more than any stock 8-bit board and makes implementing these additional features very easy.
Is This Board Right For You?
I would recommend this board to anyone who is looking to dramatically improve their printing experience. Whether you want to take advantage of the plethora of features this board offers or just make your printer quiet. This board is simple to install, and when you purchase from us we will provide you with customized firmware for your printer to help get you up and running. The BIGTREETECH SKR E3 RRF V1.1 should be high up on the list of upgrades anyone plans to make for their machine.
Appearance size: 100.75 * 70.25mm
Processor: 32bit ARM Cortex-M3 STM32F103RCT6
Power input: DC 12 / 24V
Logic voltage: 3.3V
Motor driver: UART mode of on board TMC2209;
Motor drive interface: XM, YM, ZAM, ZBM, EM (Duel Z axis running off the same driver)
Temperature sensor interface: TH0,THB,2 channels 100K NTC (thermal resistance)
Display: 2.4 inch TFT, 3.5 inch TFT, Ender3 original LCD12864 screen, etc.
Firmware: Marlin 2.0 or RepRap firmware
PC communication interface: mini-USB-B, communication baud rate 115200