MakerBot has unveiled two new 3D printers and new model processing software. The highlights:
- 11.6″ x 7.6″ x 6.5″ build volume (25% larger than 5th Gen Replicator)
- 30% faster print time than 5th Gen Replicator
- Flex Build Plate with Grip Surface (no more blue tape)
- Factory-leveled (fine tuning available)
- 28% quieter
- $1999 at launch ($2499 after Oct 31)
- 4″ x 5″ x 5″ (28% larger than previous generation)
- 10% faster print than than standard Mini
- Grip Surface (no more blue tape)
- 58% quieter (that is not a typo!)
- $999 at launch ($1299 after Oct 31)
Both systems have much more rigid build quality, particularly in the Z and X axes.
New MakerBot Print software is able to import native CAD files and STL assemblies.
We will be receiving our demo unit and the next couple days and will be able to do an in-depth review of the printer in the coming weeks. If you are in the Fargo, ND area and would like to see a demo of the system, please fill out this form and we will be in touch shortly.
Already know you want this 3D printer? Send us an email and we can hook you up!